shop=supplements => shop=dietary_supplements

shop=supplements => shop=dietary_supplements

Andreas Goss
Just found the proposal for shop=supplements.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/supplements

On the talk page already a lot of people suggested using
shop=nutrition_supplements instead.

But looking at Wikipedia and google it seems like
shop=dietary_supplements would be even more fitting.

What do you think?

Re: shop=supplements => shop=dietary_supplements

Pmailkeey .

On 22 May 2015 at 16:05, Andreas Goss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just found the proposal for shop=supplements.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/supplements

On the talk page already a lot of people suggested using shop=nutrition_supplements instead.

But looking at Wikipedia and google it seems like shop=dietary_supplements would be even more fitting.

What do you think?
__________
openstreetmap.org/user/AndiG88
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:AndiG88

Is this the sort of thing 'health food' shops sell ?

Mike.
@millomweb - For all your info on Millom and South Copeland
via the area's premier website -

currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property & pets

Re: shop=supplements => shop=dietary_supplements

Andreas Goss

> Is this the sort of thing 'health food' shops sell ?

Look a bit on google. Yeah seems like it would fit for some of those stores.

Re: shop=supplements => shop=dietary_supplements

Andreas Goss
Since I have not gotten much replies I though I might just try out our
new polling platform a German community member made.

http://osm.haraldhartmann.de/umfrage/poll/28

> Just found the proposal for shop=supplements.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/supplements
>
> On the talk page already a lot of people suggested using
> shop=nutrition_supplements instead.
>
> But looking at Wikipedia and google it seems like
> shop=dietary_supplements would be even more fitting.
>
> What do you think?

Re: shop=supplements => shop=dietary_supplements

AlaskaDave
To me, a native American speaker, both tags tell me what sort of shop this is. There are only a few such shops tagged either way but nutrition_supplements is more popular. There is the usual problem of some mappers using plural (supplements) and others singular but other than that I'd say use whatever suits you.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Andreas Goss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since I have not gotten much replies I though I might just try out our new polling platform a German community member made.

http://osm.haraldhartmann.de/umfrage/poll/28

Just found the proposal for shop=supplements.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/supplements

On the talk page already a lot of people suggested using
shop=nutrition_supplements instead.

But looking at Wikipedia and google it seems like
shop=dietary_supplements would be even more fitting.

What do you think?

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand