startin' out: house numbers

altis
On the web version of OSM there are house numbers shown for Runcorn (where
I'm a postie). I'd like to show these on my GPS too so I can find my way
around. I've managed to export the data, run it through mkgmap 3676 and
downloaded the img to my Oregon. It works but there are no house numbers
shown. I guess I need to play with styles but am at a loss where to start.
Any pointers?

Re: startin' out: house numbers

Gerd Petermann
You have to use some options to make the search work,
I think you need at least --housenumbers --index and --bounds=bounds.zip
--gmapsupp  --route
You can find more info about them in the file options.txt

Gerd

Re: startin' out: house numbers

altis2011
Thanks for that Gerd but (at the moment) I'm not interested in searching for addresses. All I want is to be able to see a map with
house numbers on.

Re: startin' out: house numbers

Nevw
Hi
I posted the same request on another forum last year and eventually produced a transparent image to overlay the housenumbers on the map.
https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/41481/is-there-an-osm-based-garmin-map-with-house-numbers-rendered

Hope it helps

Re: startin' out: house numbers

Gerd Petermann
Ah, ok, got you wrong.
In case that you still need help:
I added the following lines to the file points in the default style to test
the housenumber search:
addr:housenumber=* {set mkgmap:execute_finalize_rules=true}

addr:housenumber=* & addr:street=* { name '${addr:housenumber}' }    [0x3200 resolution 24]
addr:housenumber=* & addr:street!=* & addr:place=* { name 'pl-${addr:housenumber}' }    [0x3200 resolution 24]

My rule creates a different name for those numbers that have addr:place instead of addr:street.
I guess you just need this one line:
addr:housenumber=* { name '${addr:housenumber}' }    [0x3200 resolution 24]

Make sure that you use option --add-pois-to-areas so that mkgmap
creates a node for each closed OSM way.

Gerd