subversion properties

Gerd Petermann
Hi,

I am not sure how the correct settings should be , but we have a mixture of
svn-properties which seems to create problems.
Both in splitter and mkgmap, some *.java files have the
svn:mime-type text/plain
property. On windows, these files have cr/lf line endings, the others have lf line endings.

It seems that this mixture is causing problems when using windows TortoirseSVN
to create patches.

Marko Mäkelä and Richard Hansen both proposed to use
"svn propset svn:eol-style native" on all text files in the repository.
I think this is correct for *.java , but e.g. the  *.jar files in splitter
should keep the
svn:mime-type application/octet-stream
property.

Gerd

Re: subversion properties

Steve Ratcliffe

Sorry I should have dealt with this right from the beginning.  The
unwritten standard for the project is to create files with LF UNIX
style line endings. In the last year a few files have been added with
DOS style line endings and the mixture of the two is now causing
problems. (Although I've only had problem with one patch).

Once the files are consistent, the problem is only with new files,
since all editors/ide's that are suitable for programming read both
formats and do not change it during editing. All the files that have
Windows line endings were added like that.

So either way, you have to do something on initial file creation,
either (1) ensure LF line-endings or (2) setting the svn property.
I'd prefer it if files were created with unix style line ending for
this project.

I will find or create a svn hook to prevent files being added with
incorrect line endings.

Editors usually have an option to set how files are created, eg for
Eclipse the option is:
        Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> New text file line
delimiter.
and to convert a file, should you need to:
        File -> Convert Line Delimiters To

I've listed the few files that have Dos line endings below and will
convert them to UNIX line endings.

src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/build/LocatorUtil.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/CoastlineFileLoader.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/LocationHook.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/bin/OsmBinCoastDataSource.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/SeaPolygonRelation.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/MultiPolygonFinishHook.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/UnusedElementsRemoverHook.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/CoastlineElementSaver.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/POIGeneratorHook.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/RoutingHook.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/xml/Osm5CoastDataSource.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryElementSaver.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryUtil.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/Osm5BoundaryDataSource.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryElement.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryConverter.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryFile2Gpx.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryDiff.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryPreparer.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundarySaver.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryMerger.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/LoadableBoundaryDataSource.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/BoundaryRelation.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/OsmBinBoundaryDataSource.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/boundary/Boundary.java
src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/reader/osm/RelationStyleHook.java
src/uk/me/parabola/imgfmt/app/mdr/Mdr6.java
src/uk/me/parabola/imgfmt/app/mdr/Mdr6Record.java
src/uk/me/parabola/imgfmt/app/Writeable.java
src/uk/me/parabola/util/QuadTree.java
src/uk/me/parabola/util/GpxCreator.java
src/uk/me/parabola/util/ElementQuadTreeNode.java
src/uk/me/parabola/util/QuadTreeNode.java
src/uk/me/parabola/util/ElementQuadTree.java
src/uk/me/parabola/util/Java2DConverter.java
resources/styles/floodblocker/lines

..Steve

Re: subversion properties

Gerd Petermann
Hi Steve,

I'll make sure that I change the setting on my systems.
Would you mind to change also the sources in branches?

Gerd

Steve Ratcliffe wrote