surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

Tagging mailing list
Is there some value in surface=boardwalk tag?

It seems to be a duplicate of surface=wood.

Re: surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

Graeme Fitzpatrick

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 09:22, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there some value in surface=boardwalk tag?

It seems to be a duplicate of surface=wood.

Fine distinction I know, but to me =wood would suggest a solid, unbroken floor eg dance floor or corridor; while =boardwalk suggests that it's possibly slightly (?) uneven & that there are possibly gaps in between each plank.

Thanks

Graeme

Re: surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

Andrew Harvey-3
Boardwalk isn't really a good surface value as boardwalks can be made up of a variety of materials not only wood.

We do have bridge=boardwalk but that always feels award when the boardwalk is only elevating 10cm off the ground.

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 10:22, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there some value in surface=boardwalk tag?

It seems to be a duplicate of surface=wood.

Re: surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

To me, boardwalk describes the design & appearance rather than the surface construction: An elevated walkway.
Although I do admit that's mostly influenced by The Drifters song.

DaveF

On 21/11/2020 23:20, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
Is there some value in surface=boardwalk tag?

It seems to be a duplicate of surface=wood.

Re: surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

Seth Deegan
I agree with Dave F.

It's a duplicate.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:43 PM Dave F via Tagging <[hidden email]> wrote:
To me, boardwalk describes the design & appearance rather than the surface construction: An elevated walkway.
Although I do admit that's mostly influenced by The Drifters song.

DaveF

On 21/11/2020 23:20, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
Is there some value in surface=boardwalk tag?

It seems to be a duplicate of surface=wood.

Seth

Re: surface=boardwalk? is it duplicate of surface=wood?

> On 22. Nov 2020, at 18:47, Seth Deegan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I agree with Dave F.
>
> It's a duplicate.

I also agree with Dave F., it is not a suitable surface value, nor is it a duplicate of “surface= wood”

Cheers Martin