tagging help request - campsite Clancy's and Emu Creek campsite South of Benarkin in Queensland?

tagging help request - campsite Clancy's and Emu Creek campsite South of Benarkin in Queensland?

Christopher Barham
Hi,
Can someone assist me with the tagging of Clancy's and Emu Creek
campsite South of Benarkin in Queensland?
The short URL is http://osm.org/go/ueFOKVFDC--

I'm not sure what wrong, but I'm trying to
1) tag the whole campsite as fenced
2) Split the campsite in two
   a) East side is Picnic area/Day use area
   b) West Side is Camping site

I've tried a couple of things, but it's not rendering very well at all
- can someone help?

Cheers,
Chris

Re: tagging help request - campsite Clancy's and Emu Creek campsite South of Benarkin in Queensland?

Randy-4
Chris Barham wrote:

>Hi,
>Can someone assist me with the tagging of Clancy's and Emu Creek
>campsite South of Benarkin in Queensland?
>The short URL is http://osm.org/go/ueFOKVFDC--
>
>I'm not sure what wrong, but I'm trying to
>1) tag the whole campsite as fenced
>2) Split the campsite in two
>    a) East side is Picnic area/Day use area
>    b) West Side is Camping site
>
>I've tried a couple of things, but it's not rendering very well at all
>- can someone help?
>
>Cheers,
>Chris

Just because something doesn't render well doesn't mean it is improperly
tagged. There are at least two reasons why that can be the case. 1) The
renderers don't necessarily render everything you think they should,
either by design choice or because they haven't caught up with all the
tags, 2) the tiles in the area you are tagging haven't been updated to
show your tags.

I notice that at the boundary between the two areas, you don't have the
fence tagged. If you really want to enclose the camping area, you need to
do that. Also, I would use the same nodes to define the boundary between
the two areas, with overlapping ways, since there really isn't a "no man's
land" between them. When you add the remaining fence section, you may want
to add some gates.

--
Randy