talk at Wikimania on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals

talk at Wikimania on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals

Tyler Radford
Dear all, I will be giving a talk at Wikipedia's annual conference (Wikimania) in a couple weeks on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals. While there are a number of inter-linkages between OSM and Wikipedia https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Collaboration_with_Wikipedia I would like to highlight any recent examples that our community is working on. I would love to hear from you if you have ideas (either here on the list or feel free to email me directly as well). Warm regards
Tyler

Tyler Radford
Executive Director
@TylerSRadford

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1kKgEK5TO0KEOP05FlhGVUzP9F4P0us5J&revid=0Bwm-l_34V77faU9pcFdyYVFNRWtUZnBIWVNPYjF0TDhTY2JJPQ

Re: talk at Wikimania on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals

Imre Samu
>  I would like to highlight any recent examples that our community is working on.

imho:
- the new trend is a "brand:wikidata" tag - and the "name suggestion index"
( it is included in the "iD Editor")

some relevant tags:

- healthcare/blood_donation
https://osmlab.github.io/name-suggestion-index/index.html?k=healthcare&v=blood_donation

- hospital
https://osmlab.github.io/name-suggestion-index/index.html?k=amenity&v=hospital

Probably (the wikimania community) can help us - to add more logos, wikidata tags, (pharmacy, educations, healthcare)

bonus:

My all time favorite classic infographic - understanding - the osm tagging:
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501356038499868672
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501481094085349376
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501097023710724096

best,
 Imre

Tyler Radford <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. aug. 2., P, 17:14):
[...]

Imre, thanks, that's a good one I hadn't initially thought of. Best

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Imre Samu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I would like to highlight any recent examples that our community is working on.

imho:
- the new trend is a "brand:wikidata" tag - and the "name suggestion index"
( it is included in the "iD Editor")

some relevant tags:

- healthcare/blood_donation
https://osmlab.github.io/name-suggestion-index/index.html?k=healthcare&v=blood_donation

- hospital
https://osmlab.github.io/name-suggestion-index/index.html?k=amenity&v=hospital

Probably (the wikimania community) can help us - to add more logos, wikidata tags, (pharmacy, educations, healthcare)

bonus:

My all time favorite classic infographic - understanding - the osm tagging:
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501356038499868672
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501481094085349376
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501097023710724096

best,
 Imre

Tyler Radford <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. aug. 2., P, 17:14):
Dear all, I will be giving a talk at Wikipedia's annual conference (Wikimania) in a couple weeks on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals. While there are a number of inter-linkages between OSM and Wikipedia https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Collaboration_with_Wikipedia I would like to highlight any recent examples that our community is working on. I would love to hear from you if you have ideas (either here on the list or feel free to email me directly as well). Warm regards
Tyler

Tyler Radford
Executive Director
@TylerSRadford

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1kKgEK5TO0KEOP05FlhGVUzP9F4P0us5J&revid=0Bwm-l_34V77faU9pcFdyYVFNRWtUZnBIWVNPYjF0TDhTY2JJPQ

Re: talk at Wikimania on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals

Tyler Radford
Hi, thanks to everyone who provided ideas here or off-list!
My talk is here at around 01:06:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGyAS_-Jo0

Also there are many interesting talks before and after mine! If you have time (about an hour) I would recommend everyone watch the keynote about making the SDGs personal at about 00:33:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QcVwNgOIRM

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:04 PM Tyler Radford <[hidden email]> wrote:
Imre, thanks, that's a good one I hadn't initially thought of. Best
Tyler

Tyler Radford
Executive Director
@TylerSRadford

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1kKgEK5TO0KEOP05FlhGVUzP9F4P0us5J&revid=0Bwm-l_34V77faU9pcFdyYVFNRWtUZnBIWVNPYjF0TDhTY2JJPQ

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Imre Samu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I would like to highlight any recent examples that our community is working on.

imho:
- the new trend is a "brand:wikidata" tag - and the "name suggestion index"
( it is included in the "iD Editor")

some relevant tags:

- healthcare/blood_donation
https://osmlab.github.io/name-suggestion-index/index.html?k=healthcare&v=blood_donation

- hospital
https://osmlab.github.io/name-suggestion-index/index.html?k=amenity&v=hospital

Probably (the wikimania community) can help us - to add more logos, wikidata tags, (pharmacy, educations, healthcare)

bonus:

My all time favorite classic infographic - understanding - the osm tagging:
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501356038499868672
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501481094085349376
- https://twitter.com/JLZIMMERMANN/status/501097023710724096

best,
 Imre

Tyler Radford <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. aug. 2., P, 17:14):
Dear all, I will be giving a talk at Wikipedia's annual conference (Wikimania) in a couple weeks on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals. While there are a number of inter-linkages between OSM and Wikipedia https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Collaboration_with_Wikipedia I would like to highlight any recent examples that our community is working on. I would love to hear from you if you have ideas (either here on the list or feel free to email me directly as well). Warm regards
Tyler

Tyler Radford
Executive Director
@TylerSRadford

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1kKgEK5TO0KEOP05FlhGVUzP9F4P0us5J&revid=0Bwm-l_34V77faU9pcFdyYVFNRWtUZnBIWVNPYjF0TDhTY2JJPQ

Re: talk at Wikimania on open data and the Sustainable Development Goals

Victor Sunday
Great presentation!!@Tyler
Thanks
Victor Sunday