tiling in JGrass

Daniele Andreis
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a PitFiller JAI operation. I would to set the size of the tile at the dimension of the input map Raster but it doesn't work. The size is always setted at 512 pixel. I have run JGrass in debugger mode in order to find where this value is setted in the chain, but I haven't found it. Then I have searched if in the code there is the value 512, so I have found it only in the i_tiler class but I  don't understand  if and where this class is called during the writing process and how it can set the tile. There is anybody who can tell me where and how change to obtain different tile size?

thanks and regards
--
Daniele Andreis

Re: tiling in JGrass

Andrea Antonello
Hi Daniele,
glad to hear you are approaching that step.

As far as my understanding goes, the tile size depends on the memory
size given to the TileCache.
For a custom tile size, you should be able to set it in the ImageLayout object.

Let me know if it works,
Ciao from Fort Collins,
Andrea

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Daniele Andreis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create a PitFiller JAI operation. I would to set the size of
> the tile at the dimension of the input map Raster but it doesn't work. The
> size is always setted at 512 pixel. I have run JGrass in debugger mode in
> order to find where this value is setted in the chain, but I haven't found
> it. Then I have searched if in the code there is the value 512, so I have
> found it only in the i_tiler class but I  don't understand  if and where
> this class is called during the writing process and how it can set the tile.
> There is anybody who can tell me where and how change to obtain different
> tile size?
>
> thanks and regards
> --
> Daniele Andreis

Re: tiling in JGrass

Daniele Andreis

As far as my understanding goes, the tile size depends on the memory
size given to the TileCache.
For a custom tile size, you should be able to set it in the ImageLayout object.

I have set the ImageLayout in the RenderingHints, which is passed at the JAI.create as argument, but in JGrass it doesn't work. I have extracted the pitFiller operation have created another program which read an ASCIIgrass file and then call the operation and it work. Now I'm looking for in my operation if I have made some errors.
 Usually, by default the tile size is setted to the tile size of input map (if there isn't a RenderingHints), so it seems me strange this value (which is the value suggest to use in the JAI FAQ) so I have tought that this value is setted in some class.

thanks

ciao

--
Daniele Andreis