track logging

openstreetmap
Hi All,

I know this has cropped up a few times on the list, and hopefully
there's finally something of use for people who want to be using a
"black box" tracking/logging solution. I don't know much about it beyond
what the spec page says, but if it can charge via the USB interface it
could last a while power wise. 50k points at 1 per second is only 14ish
hours tho. Anyhow, easily enough to a day's work, possibly good for
lending to people who don't want something complex...?

http://www.globalsat.co.uk/product_pages/gsat_products_logger_dg100.htm

Cheers
jam

I've not been fully up to date lately but a quick glance at the list
didn't show lots of posts re this, apologies if it's already been
discussed however.

Re: track logging

Andy Armstrong
On 23 Dec 2006, at 20:48, jam wrote:

> I know this has cropped up a few times on the list, and hopefully
> there's finally something of use for people who want to be using a
> "black box" tracking/logging solution. I don't know much about it
> beyond
> what the spec page says, but if it can charge via the USB interface it
> could last a while power wise. 50k points at 1 per second is only
> 14ish
> hours tho. Anyhow, easily enough to a day's work, possibly good for
> lending to people who don't want something complex...?
>
> http://www.globalsat.co.uk/product_pages/
> gsat_products_logger_dg100.htm

IMO the Wintec WBT-200 is pretty much the benchmark for this kind of
thing at the moment:

http://www.semsons.com/wi3mugpsrebt.html

It'd be interesting to see how the DG100 compares to it.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net