treat ro featuretypes as rw

Hochmeister Rudolf
Hi,

Can you please give me a hint to programatically set a featuretype from ro(Query) to rw(Insert/Update), so that the tools dont get deactivated in udig. Or from the other around, how can I make the pointtool(or any other tool) ignore the read-only behaviour. I need this behaviour for debugging purposes. This would ease the process of generating ServiceExceptions a lot. I want to insert with the point-tool and display user-friendly translation of the ServiceException.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rudi

Re: treat ro featuretypes as rw

Jesse Eichar
Hi Rudi,

The activation of a tool is controlled by 2 things.  The plugin.xml definition of the extension point and the Activation behaviours added to the tool.  You can explode the ...tool.edit plugin and edit the plugin.xml file by removing the activation xml.  That may be enough to make the tools active when you want it.

Another option is to define your own tool.  There is a couple tutorial plugins that demonstrate that.

Jesse

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Hochmeister Rudolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Can you please give me a hint to programatically set a featuretype from ro(Query) to rw(Insert/Update), so that the tools dont get deactivated in udig. Or from the other around, how can I make the pointtool(or any other tool) ignore the read-only behaviour. I need this behaviour for debugging purposes. This would ease the process of generating ServiceExceptions a lot. I want to insert with the point-tool and display user-friendly translation of the ServiceException.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rudi

Re: treat ro featuretypes as rw

Jody Garnett-2
What an interesting question.
Could you just copy the point tool; and change the "activation behavior" section?

However it is a little bit tough since for WFS the underlining data access technology literally does not let us issue a feature create or feature modify unless the data is writable :-(

Could you try something easier? Creating a feature and provide an invalid value for something (invalid geometry? null when a value is required?).

Jody