uDIG License

JUAN PERALTA  MALVAR

Hi all,

Does anyone know which is the licence used by uDIG?

According to the homepage it seems to be EPL, but looking at the LICENSE.txt file included in the ZIP available for download it seems to be LGPL.

Thanks in advance,

Juan Peralta

Re: uDIG License

fgdrf
uDIG switched from LGPL to EPL /BSD (v3) at the end of 2012.

Which version of uDig have you downloaded? Versions greater than 1.3.0 are EPL/BSD (v3) whereas older version are still having LGPL.

If you are using the newest release (the windows installer I guess) , its definitely an issue we have to solve for consistency.

@Jody : Are the Windows NSIS  scripts still used to build an installer? (https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/tree/master/scripts/releases/bin/win-installer), right there I found LGPL.txt

Cheers, Frank

2013/2/14 JUAN PERALTA MALVAR <[hidden email]>
Juan

Re: uDIG License

Andrea Antonello
Hi,

> uDIG switched from LGPL to EPL /BSD (v3) at the end of 2012.
>
> Which version of uDig have you downloaded? Versions greater than 1.3.0 are
> EPL/BSD (v3) whereas older version are still having LGPL.
>
> If you are using the newest release (the windows installer I guess) , its
> definitely an issue we have to solve for consistency.
>
> @Jody : Are the Windows NSIS  scripts still used to build an installer?
> (https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/tree/master/scripts/releases/bin/win-installer),
> right there I found LGPL.txt

I think there has been a glitch in the version number here.

As far as I know the versions prior 1.3.3 are all LGPL. Since 1.3.3 we
have the switch.
Only problem here is that 1.3.3 is taking far too much time to be
released due to a couple of bugs to solve and few available people.

Frank, agreed?

Cheers,
Andrea

> Cheers, Frank
>
> 2013/2/14 JUAN PERALTA MALVAR <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Juan

Re: uDIG License

JUAN PERALTA  MALVAR
Thanks for your immediate response!

I have downloaded v1.3.2, for Windows, in "x86 Zip" and "x86_64
Installer" distributions.  Both distributions have a LICENSE.txt file
stating that license is "LGPL", but next to that file you may also find
a " epl-v10 .html" file.

So, may I assume that up to now the uDIG licence is LGPL and the switch
to EPL will be made at v1.3.3?

Best regards,

Juan Peralta

> uDIG switched from LGPL to EPL /BSD (v3) at the end of 2012.
>
> Which version of uDig have you downloaded? Versions greater than 1.3.0

> are EPL/BSD (v3) whereas older version are still having LGPL.
>
> If you are using the newest release (the windows installer I guess) ,
> its definitely an issue we have to solve for consistency.
>
> @Jody : Are the Windows NSIS  scripts still used to build an
installer?
> (https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/tree/master/scripts/releases/bi
> n/win-installer),
> right there I found LGPL.txt

I think there has been a glitch in the version number here.

As far as I know the versions prior 1.3.3 are all LGPL. Since 1.3.3 we
have the switch.
Only problem here is that 1.3.3 is taking far too much time to be
released due to a couple of bugs to solve and few available people.

Frank, agreed?

Cheers,
Andrea

> Cheers, Frank
>
> 2013/2/14 JUAN PERALTA MALVAR <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Juan

Re: uDIG License

Jody Garnett-2
@Jody : Are the Windows NSIS  scripts still used to build an installer? (https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/tree/master/scripts/releases/bin/win-installer), right there I found LGPL.txt
Yes they are, looks like we need a bug report for that - good catch :-)

Jody