uDig 1.2.2 Released

Jody Garnett-2

UDIG 1.2.2 RELEASED

The uDig Community is overjoyed to announce the release of uDig 1.2.2.

This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 8.0-M1 and the OSGeoLive DVD projects. We would like to thank these communities for their support. In particular a kind word goes out to Andrea Amie and Micheal Bedward and Daniele Romagnoli for a smooth GeoTools release in support of our schedule. Aslo a tip of the hat to Frank Gasforf and Cameron Shorter and the OSGeo Live project for setting the schedule (in conjunction with FOSS4G)

We would also like to thank Levi Punta and Nathaniel Keslo for sorting out a patch allowing uDig to use Natural Earth dataset out of the box.

RELEASE DETAILS

Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:

ABOUT UDIG 1.2.2

The release adds a number of new features and updates the uDig platform to the latest open source libraries.

Here is what you can look forward to in the desktop application:

  • Extensive update to online help including uDig Overview
  • Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with a step by step Introduction to Spatial Toolboxtutorial
  • Updated Info and Profile tool for raster data
  • Teradata support
  • New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
  • For information on additional new features visit our What is new page
For developers:
  • Access to the latest GeoTools 8.0-M1
  • Access to the latest ImageIO-EXT and finally a modern version of GDAL (on supported platforms)
  • The uDig git repository has moved to github to join the cool kids - and shows a very healthy stream of pull requests.
  • Works with Eclipse 3.6

--
Jody Garnett

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

villager5
hi, i have downloaded the linux package of uDig 1.2.2, in order to use the Georeference function, i followed the step in this wed page (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View), however, when i add the "url: http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/" in Udig, it showed that "Network connection problems encountered during search.
  Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
    Premature end of file.
    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
    Premature end of file.
"

Did anyone else also encounter the same problem like this?

with regards

with regards

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

Andrea Antonello
I tried right now and it works properly for me.

I assume you are inserting:
http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/

in the lower box, without quotes or similar, right?

Andrea

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi, i have downloaded the linux package of uDig 1.2.2, in order to use the
> Georeference function, i followed the step in this wed page
> (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View),
> however, when i add the "url:
> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/" in Udig, it showed
> that "Network connection problems encountered during search.
>  Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>    Premature end of file.
>    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>    Premature end of file.
> "
>
> Did anyone else also encounter the same problem like this?
>
> with regards

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

villager5
i extracted the document udig-1.2.2.linux.gtk.x86_64.zip, opened udig_internal, then added http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/ into windows->find and install->search for new features to install->new remote site->, after i clicking finish, it shows "network connection problems encountered during search", and the problem details are "
  Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
    Premature end of file.
    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
    Premature end of file."

What do you mean  "without quotes or similar"?

lwei

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Andrea Antonello [via GIS] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried right now and it works properly for me.

I assume you are inserting:
in the lower box, without quotes or similar, right?

Andrea

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi, i have downloaded the linux package of uDig 1.2.2, in order to use the
> Georeference function, i followed the step in this wed page
> (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View),
> however, when i add the "url:
> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/" in Udig, it showed
> that "Network connection problems encountered during search.
>  Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>    Premature end of file.
>    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>    Premature end of file.
> "
>
> Did anyone else also encounter the same problem like this?
>
> with regards

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

Andrea Antonello
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i extracted the document udig-1.2.2.linux.gtk.x86_64.zip, opened
> udig_internal, then added
> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/ into windows->find
> and install->search for new features to install->new remote site->, after i
> clicking finish, it shows "network connection problems encountered during
> search", and the problem details are "
>   Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>     Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>     Premature end of file.
>     Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>     Premature end of file."
>
> What do you mean  "without quotes or similar"?

From your first email, I wasn't sure if you had a final quote on the
url, but you didn't. Just wanted to make sure.

The strange thing is that it work for me, so I would assume it is a
connection problem.
Could please anyone from the list try that out?

Thanks,
Andrea

> lwei
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Andrea Antonello [via GIS] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I tried right now and it works properly for me.
>>
>> I assume you are inserting:
>> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/
>>
>> in the lower box, without quotes or similar, right?
>>

>> Andrea
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > hi, i have downloaded the linux package of uDig 1.2.2, in order to use
>> > the
>> > Georeference function, i followed the step in this wed page
>> >
>> > (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View),
>> > however, when i add the "url:
>> > http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/" in Udig, it
>> > showed
>> > that "Network connection problems encountered during search.
>> >  Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>> >    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>> >    Premature end of file.
>> >    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>> >    Premature end of file.
>> > "
>> >
>> > Did anyone else also encounter the same problem like this?
>> >
>> > with regards

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

villager5
I think maybe it's the problem of proxy setup?

lwei

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Andrea Antonello [via GIS] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i extracted the document udig-1.2.2.linux.gtk.x86_64.zip, opened
> udig_internal, then added
> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/ into windows->find
> and install->search for new features to install->new remote site->, after i
> clicking finish, it shows "network connection problems encountered during
> search", and the problem details are "
>   Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>     Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>     Premature end of file.
>     Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>     Premature end of file."
>
> What do you mean  "without quotes or similar"?
From your first email, I wasn't sure if you had a final quote on the
url, but you didn't. Just wanted to make sure.

The strange thing is that it work for me, so I would assume it is a
connection problem.
Could please anyone from the list try that out?

Thanks,
Andrea

> lwei
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Andrea Antonello [via GIS] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>> I tried right now and it works properly for me.
>>
>> I assume you are inserting:
>> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/
>>
>> in the lower box, without quotes or similar, right?
>>

>> Andrea
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > hi, i have downloaded the linux package of uDig 1.2.2, in order to use
>> > the
>> > Georeference function, i followed the step in this wed page
>> >
>> > (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View),
>> > however, when i add the "url:
>> > http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/" in Udig, it
>> > showed
>> > that "Network connection problems encountered during search.
>> >  Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>> >    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>> >    Premature end of file.
>> >    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>> >    Premature end of file.
>> > "
>> >
>> > Did anyone else also encounter the same problem like this?
>> >
>> > with regards
>> >
>> > --

http://gis.638310.n2.nabble.com/uDig-1-2-2-Released-tp6578635p6599181.html
To unsubscribe from uDig 1.2.2 Released, click here.

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

Andrea Antonello
> I think maybe it's the problem of proxy setup?

Yes, definitely. If you are behind a proxy you need to follow these
instructions:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Running+uDig#RunninguDig-ProxySettings

In fact this is easier to do that from the uDig preferences, I have no
idea why we do not have a doc page for that (maybey because I didn't
write one? :) ).
I suggest you to start from the preferences -> General -> Runtime Preferences

Andrea

> lwei
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Andrea Antonello [via GIS] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM, villager5 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > i extracted the document udig-1.2.2.linux.gtk.x86_64.zip, opened
>> > udig_internal, then added
>> > http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/ into
>> > windows->find
>> > and install->search for new features to install->new remote site->,
>> > after i
>> > clicking finish, it shows "network connection problems encountered
>> > during
>> > search", and the problem details are "
>> >   Unable to access "http://udig.refractions.net/update/1.2/community/".
>> >     Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>> >     Premature end of file.
>> >     Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
>> >     Premature end of file."
>> >
>> > What do you mean  "without quotes or similar"?
>> From your first email, I wasn't sure if you had a final quote on the
>> url, but you didn't. Just wanted to make sure.
>>
>> The strange thing is that it work for me, so I would assume it is a
>> connection problem.
>> Could please anyone from the list try that out?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrea
>>

>> > lwei
>> >
>> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Andrea Antonello [via GIS] <[hidden
>> > email]>

Re: uDig 1.2.2 Released

villager5
perfect! it works, thanks a lot!!