The uDig Community is pleased to announce the release of uDig 1.3.0.
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 8.0-M4. Thanks to Andrea Amie and Gabriel Roldan for support, encouragement and timely bug fixes.
This point release includes significant usability improvements and new functionality - thanks to the hard work of Levi Putna and Paul Pfeiffer.For more information on User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS please check out the uDig Overview.
Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:
- uDig download page (with archives for Windows, Mac and Linux)
- udig-1.3.0 Release Notes
- Issue Tracker Change Log
ABOUT UDIG 1.3
This release features some great usability improvements with a new tool palette and easy to access tool options.
Here are some new features you can look forward to:
- Area of Interest support - define your area of interest based on CRS, current screen or a bookmark
- Filter the Table view using the current area of interest - a great way to focus on what is on screen
- Updated Info and Profile tool for raster data
- Teradata support
- Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with tutorial!
- New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
- Check out What is new page for details
- New Tool Palette with easy to use Tool Options for quick access to preferences (blog)
- New "cheatsheet" help system offering guide assistance to new users (blog)
- Control Tool interaction with your layers with the ability to mark background layers
- Updated Walkthrough 1 and Walkthrough 2 for the new Tool Palette and Tool Options
- Extensive update to online help including uDig Overview
- New step by step Introduction to Spatial Toolbox
- Reorganisation of the Tasks section with step by step instructions for using new features
- Access to the latest GeoTools 8.0-M4 release
- Access to the latest JTS 1.12
- Access to the latest ImageIO-EXT 1.1.2
- Fork me on github
- Works with Eclipse 3.7