uDig GSoC / weekly report

Davide-41
1) What did I do last week

- cleaned / optimized the Neo4j Catalog plugin
- written a proxy DataStore to log how uDig uses the Query support
- implemented Query support for uDig basic operations (pan, zoom,
info, box selection) using neo4j-spatial rtree index.
- implemented Attribute support (to display Features metadata)

2) What do I plan to do this week

Now that support for simple feature layers is usable, I think it's
time to begin experimenting with a networking / routing plugin.
I plan to implement the routing plugin described in the training
material using neo4j-spatial (instead of geotools graph module).

Davide Savazzi

Re: [SoC] uDig GSoC / weekly report

Jody Garnett-2

On 08/06/2010, at 8:32 AM, Davide wrote:

> 1) What did I do last week
>
> - cleaned / optimized the Neo4j Catalog plugin
> - written a proxy DataStore to log how uDig uses the Query support
> - implemented Query support for uDig basic operations (pan, zoom,
> info, box selection) using neo4j-spatial rtree index.
> - implemented Attribute support (to display Features metadata)
>
> 2) What do I plan to do this week
>
> Now that support for simple feature layers is usable, I think it's
> time to begin experimenting with a networking / routing plugin.
> I plan to implement the routing plugin described in the training
> material using neo4j-spatial (instead of geotools graph module).

That would be *great*. One thing you may consider doing is making an interface that both the routing plugin and your plugin can resolve to; so the same tools could work against both techniques?

Jody