uDig Inquiry

Renante Mangumpit
Hello everyone....

Can anybody help me provide a couple of  information about the uDig Software?

1. Does it support GPU acceleration?
2. Does it support distributed networking? (running the same task in parallel computing to speed up the process.)

I've visited the TerraView webpage but I can't find any contact information in there.  I'm hoping that you can give me some information as a partner for this project.

Your answer is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Renante

Re: uDig Inquiry

Jody Garnett-2
Hello everyone....

Can anybody help me provide a couple of  information about the uDig Software?

1. Does it support GPU acceleration?
On specific platforms where Java Advanced Imaging is available it does make use of native code for raster operations. Other than that we depends on SWT; which does not make use of the GPU to my knowledge (well rather it does on specific platforms like windows and mac).
2. Does it support distributed networking? (running the same task in parallel computing to speed up the process.)
I am working on support for the web processing service specification; that is often used as a front end to grid computing; but this is more of a server question then a client question.
I've visited the TerraView webpage but I can't find any contact information in there.  I'm hoping that you can give me some information as a partner for this project.
I am not familiar with the Terradata support myself; it is a recent addition.
Your answer is highly appreciated.
Best of luck.
Jody