uDig/Neo4j Google Summer of Code on uDig Blog

uDig/Neo4j Google Summer of Code on uDig Blog

Craig Taverner-2
Hi All,

I've just announced the upcoming Google Summer of Code project on the uDig Blog:
  http://udig-news.blogspot.com/2010/05/google-summer-of-code-2010.html

In two weeks time the Google Summer of Code for 2010 starts, and this year uDig is taking part with an exciting project riding the current NoSQL wave, one of the hottest topics concerning databases in a long time.

Davide Savazzi, a student at the Università degli Studi di Pavia, Italy, and an experienced GIS developer, is doing a project titled 'Adding support for Neo4j graph database in Geotools and uDIG'. We are particularly excited to have Davide involved in this project because he has already made core contributions to the underlying 'Neo4j Spatial' project, which is building GIS capabilities into the graph database itself.

Read more about this at http://udig-news.blogspot.com/2010/05/google-summer-of-code-2010.html

Regards, Craig

Re: uDig/Neo4j Google Summer of Code on uDig Blog

Davide-41
On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 03:18, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Craig; and welcome to the project Davide.

Thanks! :)

I've read that in the following weeks there will be many platform
changes (Eclipse 3.6, GeoTools 2.7).
Considering the Google Summer of Code deadline is August 16, can I
continue to work with GeoTools 2.6.x / uDig 1.2 RC2? Or should I stay
synchronized with the latest trunk version?

Davide Savazzi

Re: uDig/Neo4j Google Summer of Code on uDig Blog

Jody Garnett-2
There will be no platform changes until we can schedule them; you having a deadline on August 16th would be considered in the schedule.

If we do consider migration it will represent a couple of experiments (to see if there are any problems); and then a day of work. Indeed it is probably a good excuse for the developers to try out GIT.

Jody