udig sld editor tutorials

Smith Roman
Hello,

I will like to ask if there are any tutorials on how to use the sld editor in udig. I have downloaded the latest version of udig. I am trying to
 figure it out but it looks a bit complicated.

Actually I tried setting up osm in a box with geoserver then view the maps with udig. The set up was successful except that in udig, the osm layers could not be rendered. After a close examination of the osm layer styles in geoserver, I discovered that the styles were invalid. i.e the styles did not have the " sld: " prefix in front of each element. As a result, I intend creating the sld's from scratch using udig. (I will just apply the styling rules in the default osm sld files.)

Cheers,

Roman.

Re: udig sld editor tutorials

Mauricio Pazos-2
On Thursday, August 04, 2011 09:38:55 AM Smith Roman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will like to ask if there are any tutorials on how to use the sld editor
> in udig. I have downloaded the latest version of udig. I am trying to
> figure it out but it looks a bit complicated.

Have you read the Walkthrough 1 and 2?
http://udig.refractions.net/users/

> Actually I tried setting up osm in a box with geoserver then view the maps
> with udig. The set up was successful except that in udig, the osm layers
> could not be rendered. After a close examination of the osm layer styles
> in geoserver, I discovered that the styles were invalid. i.e the styles
> did not have the " sld: " prefix in front of each element. As a result, I
> intend creating the sld's from scratch using udig. (I will just apply the
> styling rules in the default osm sld files.)

The Style Editor allows you to edit and validate the StyledLayerDescriptor.
have a look in the XML panel

> Cheers,
>
> Roman.
cheers