updated typ-file mkgmap default style

Joris Bo

Hello

Here is  a new version of the typ

  • Attached also the translation table so far. If somebody likes to add different language, please sent me one

Changes

  • Added white line to roundabout  (turned out that not all highway-types were adding overlays so transparent was visually not working)
  • Fixed empty translations for Korean and Basque, Thx Nick
  • Modified German Translations:  Thx to Ralf !
  • Added Italian translations Thx to Lorenzo !
  • Added Portuguese translations thx to Wesley !
  • Added Polish translations Thx to Artur !

  • Find out that it was cGpsMapper manual that states there is a maximum of 4 translations but I tested this one with 7 and so far it seems not to be a problem.
  • I’m still struggling with the codepage / polish special characters / utf8 / ascii / 1252. In this version the txt is ascii, making some Polish special characters to be (nicely but not wanted) replaced by their ‘normal’ equivalents. When using UTF-8 in combination with special chars , the txt looks fine but mkgmp.jar will fail creating the typ. I probably do something wrong.

I keep testing together with Artur to see what can be done.

  • There are more comments from Michael which I not have studied yet

More comments are welcome.

Kind regards

Joris

Re: updated typ-file mkgmap default style

Gerd Petermann
Hi Joris,

something seems to be wrong. The german translations in the mapnik.txt do not match those in the spreadsheet.

Gerd

Il giorno dom, 20/01/2019 alle 12.17 -0200, Wesley Martins ha scritto:
Hello Joris,

Attached is the portuguese translation.
Added column for portuguese and sortorder column is intact. ;D

Regards

Wesley

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 9:08 AM Joris Bo <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Super Ralf, Danke!
Habe es schon verarbeitet

Gr Joris

> Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262
>
> Just add a column for any new language

I just corrected a few issues in the german column.

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: updated typ-file mkgmap default style

Waxy

Thanks !

French translation added.

Regards

Steph

Le mercredi 23 janvier 2019 à 20:54 +0000, Joris Bo a écrit :

Hello

Here is  a new version of the typ

  • Attached also the translation table so far. If somebody likes to add different language, please sent me one

Changes

  • Added white line to roundabout  (turned out that not all highway-types were adding overlays so transparent was visually not working)
  • Fixed empty translations for Korean and Basque, Thx Nick
  • Modified German Translations:  Thx to Ralf !
  • Added Italian translations Thx to Lorenzo !
  • Added Portuguese translations thx to Wesley !
  • Added Polish translations Thx to Artur !

  • Find out that it was cGpsMapper manual that states there is a maximum of 4 translations but I tested this one with 7 and so far it seems not to be a problem.
  • I’m still struggling with the codepage / polish special characters / utf8 / ascii / 1252. In this version the txt is ascii, making some Polish special characters to be (nicely but not wanted) replaced by their ‘normal’ equivalents. When using UTF-8 in combination with special chars , the txt looks fine but mkgmp.jar will fail creating the typ. I probably do something wrong.

I keep testing together with Artur to see what can be done.

  • There are more comments from Michael which I not have studied yet

More comments are welcome.

Kind regards

Joris

> Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262
>
> Just add a column for any new language

I just corrected a few issues in the german column.

20190123_Translations.xlsx (34K) Download Attachment

Re: updated typ-file mkgmap default style

nwillink

Hi Joris

Schnellstra?e ...

I suggest you save your typ file using codepage 65001  (UTF-8)

This should avoid stra?e problems and also cater for Greek, Hebrew, Chinese etc

Nick

On 24/01/2019 07:15, Waxy wrote:
Hi,

Thanks !

French translation added.

Regards

Steph

Le mercredi 23 janvier 2019 à 20:54 +0000, Joris Bo a écrit :

Hello

Here is  a new version of the typ

  • Attached also the translation table so far. If somebody likes to add different language, please sent me one

Changes

  • Added white line to roundabout  (turned out that not all highway-types were adding overlays so transparent was visually not working)
  • Fixed empty translations for Korean and Basque, Thx Nick
  • Modified German Translations:  Thx to Ralf !
  • Added Italian translations Thx to Lorenzo !
  • Added Portuguese translations thx to Wesley !
  • Added Polish translations Thx to Artur !

  • Find out that it was cGpsMapper manual that states there is a maximum of 4 translations but I tested this one with 7 and so far it seems not to be a problem.
  • I’m still struggling with the codepage / polish special characters / utf8 / ascii / 1252. In this version the txt is ascii, making some Polish special characters to be (nicely but not wanted) replaced by their ‘normal’ equivalents. When using UTF-8 in combination with special chars , the txt looks fine but mkgmp.jar will fail creating the typ. I probably do something wrong.

I keep testing together with Artur to see what can be done.

  • There are more comments from Michael which I not have studied yet

More comments are welcome.

Kind regards

Joris

> Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262
>
> Just add a column for any new language

I just corrected a few issues in the german column.

Re: updated typ-file mkgmap default style

Alexandre Folle de Menezes

Some suggestions to improve the Portuguese translation:

  • 18: Golf -> Campo de Golfe
  • 34: Glacial -> Geleira
  • 35: Fazenda -> Lavoura
  • 52: Estrada Agrícola -> Estrada agrícola
  • 95: Lanchonete -> Churrascaria
  • 99: Comida de hambúrguer rápido -> Lanchonete
  • 103: Restaurante de peixe -> Restaurante Frutos do Mar
  • 104: Churrascaria -> Restaurante de carnes
  • 112: Restaurante culinária regional -> Restaurante regional
  • 115: Acampamento -> Camping
  • 142: Shopping -> Shopping Center
  • 145: Shopping -> Shopping Center
  • 158: Correios -> Correio