use of landuse=Farm Land

joost
Hi,

I stumbled upon a few thousand cases of the tag "landuse=Farm Land". Here's a query and the area where they exist:

I mention it here, because what is weird is that some changesets mention things like #hotosm-task-502 (or 470) which I would expect to refer to https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/502, but that's completely different. Several of them do mention #missingmaps but not a task. Also, there's a lot of duplicate buildings around there.

--
Joost Schouppe

Re: use of landuse=Farm Land

Henning Bolz
Hello Joost,

TeachOSM seems to run an own TM instance, see
https://tasks.teachosm.org/project/470

The area is fitting, the changeset comment was probably a manual error.

Henning (hebolz)

Re: use of landuse=Farm Land

FransS1945

Hi Joost

This is in the North Bangladesh area . isn't it ?

After the eartquake 2016 there were some projects  like 1090.  mapping and tagging farmland was one of the subjects.

best regards

Frans

Op 1-8-2018 om 15:34 schreef joost schouppe:
Hi,

I stumbled upon a few thousand cases of the tag "landuse=Farm Land". Here's a query and the area where they exist:

I mention it here, because what is weird is that some changesets mention things like #hotosm-task-502 (or 470) which I would expect to refer to https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/502, but that's completely different. Several of them do mention #missingmaps but not a task. Also, there's a lot of duplicate buildings around there.

--
Joost Schouppe

Frans Schutz

Re: use of landuse=Farm Land

joost
Thanks Henning, that seems to be a correct analysis.

The changeset comment on new tasks at tasks.teachosm.org still suggests "#hotosm-task-600" for a task created 12 days ago. That's wrong and confusing. I would guess the Tasking Manager has "#hotosm-task-[task ID]" as a default; maybe that could be changed to "#[Domain name]-task-[task ID]". That would ensure that people who don't touch the default also generate unique changeset comments. Though maybe this is already implemented, and this is just an old instance that was upgraded to TM3 but kept previous settings.

Can I be bold and just correct the landuse tag in a mechanical edit? It's been two years and no-one has been validating anything at all there. I won't go into cleaning the buildings myself though.

I'll foward this thread to TeachOSM so they might fix their settings. According to the OSM Community Index, Bangladesh is on Facebook, so I'll forward there too.
(my Belgian "colleague" Jonathan Beliën made this nifty site to visualise that project: https://community.osmbe.akoo.ovh/resources/asia/bangladesh )

Regards,
Joost

Re: use of landuse=Farm Land

john whelan-2
These things do get picked up and corrected by mappers other than HOT valifactors.  If you are proposing a mechanical edit then there is due process which should probably be followed if only to set a good example.

The other method is to bring them into JOSM select them.  Correct them then load them onto a to-do list and just flip through them inspecting each one as you go.  I don't thing that counts as a mechanical edit.

If you remind me where it is I can whip through them.

Thanks John

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm joost schouppe, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Steven Johnson-7
Hi Joost & all,
That suggestion was implemented during the recent upgrade of TeachOSM's Tasking Manager from TM2 to TM3. I'm assuming the task in question was originally created on TM2, where the default was "#hotosm-task-[task ID]", and migrated to TM3. Thanks for pointing it out.
Steven Johnson

-- SEJ
-- twitter: @geomantic
-- skype: sejohnson8

Wretches, utter wretches, keep your hands from beans! - Empedocles, Fragments, 141.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM, joost schouppe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve,
I see; the 600 task is in fact also already 6 months old and 608 for example is already OK. I was confused because the 600 was -edited- not -created- 12 days ago. Still, it's on the front page, so maybe someone with editing rights could give it a quick fix.

Re: use of landuse=Farm Land

Steven Johnson-7
Joost,
I've just edited the project and fixed it so any subsequent changesets should have the #teachosm hashtag.
Cheers,
SEJ