use the map component in a rcp application

use the map component in a rcp application

binder
Hi,

i am trying to use just the map component as a plugin in my own rcp application.
i have trouble to export net.refractions.udig.ui with all dependencies as a plugin.
has anyone tried that before ?

thanks,
binder

Re: use the map component in a rcp application

ERNANDES, Fabrice
Hi

I also have trouble with "net.refractions.udig.ui" plugin.

Once I have exported my product, I have to put it manually from the udig target platform directory to my plugins directory.

The exported "net.refractions.udig.ui" plugin is incomplete, its size is less than the one from the udig target platform...maybe a mistake in the "build.properties".

Hope it helps
Fabrice

Re: use the map component in a rcp application

Jody Garnett-2
Please note that the net.refractions.udig.ui is very minimal; to actually have a working app you need to take in the optional components desired for your application (example net.refractions.udig.catalog.shape and some rendering plugins in order to work with and draw shapefiles).

For details the "rcp" tutorial shows how to do this; by adding a "MapViewer" to a normal RCP application. It is part of the commercial training materials but you can review the source code in the tutorials folder.

The critical step is to define a feature to hold the plugins you want and do a feature based export of your product.
--
Jody Garnett