using 'coverage' raster files in uDig [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

using 'coverage' raster files in uDig [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Steve Cameron

Hi

I’m just wondering if it possible to make use of the  bathymetry data present at this location in uDig?

http://www.deepreef.org/bathymetry/98-kergdem-bathy.html

I’m seeing that uDig integrates GDAL in the latest version but cannot see how to make use of that functionality.

Thanks

Stephen Cameron

Antarctic Fisheries Computing and Database Support Provider

Australian Antarctic Division

Kingston, Tasmania

EmailSig (2)

Phone: 03 62323571

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/

Re: using 'coverage' raster files in uDig [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Andrea Antonello
Hi Stephen,

I’m just wondering if it possible to make use of the  bathymetry data present at this location in uDig?

http://www.deepreef.org/bathymetry/98-kergdem-bathy.html

I’m seeing that uDig integrates GDAL in the latest version but cannot see how to make use of that functionality.

most data on that site seem to be geotiffs, which should be loaded seamlessly in uDig.
Others are esri grid (might be adf files?) in which case there might be support for it in the geotools catalog datastores (Jody, please jump in here).
Gdal is used in the background when needed. It works only on win32 bit, linux32 and 64 bit though. Are you on one of these systems?

Ciao,
Andrea

Thanks

Stephen Cameron

Antarctic Fisheries Computing and Database Support Provider

Australian Antarctic Division

Kingston, Tasmania

EmailSig (2)

Phone: 03 62323571

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning <a href="tel:%2B61%203%206232%203209" value="+61362323209" target="_blank">+61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/

Re: using 'coverage' raster files in uDig [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Andrea Antonello
Sorry, Stephen, my bad.
I will try again, since I now see that bathimetry is in 3 different formats, none of them tiff.

Ok, what I will try to go for is the netcdf and see how that works. uDig used to support netcdf even with time and depth navigation for a while, but the the geotools libs changed and for some time we had no support for it.
Some time ago Mauricio ported the plugins to the newer uDig versions. Mauricio, that should work, right?

Anyways, I will try and let you know.
Ciao,
Andrea

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM, andrea antonello <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

[...]

I just gave a look at the plugins and it looks that the netcdf support has been pulled out.
Since I am also quite interested in having that in, let's ask Mauricio if the plugins are working and available.

If we are getting out a new release soon, it would be really good to have them back in.