vespucci and osmtracker

Sachin Dole
Hello,

I just used Vespucci the android app to trace a street in my community
with the hope of mapping this street. I was also able to upload it to
OSM as a private track, but, I dont see how to edit it to actually map
my street on to OSM. How to do this?

PS: I can see my trace on OSM.

Sachin Dole

Re: vespucci and osmtracker

Clifford Snow
Welcome to OSM.

Go to osm.org (www.openstreetmap.org) zoom into the area of the street you wish to add. Select edit. If you don't have an account, you will be prompted to signup. After you enter your id and password to login, select the background layer, from the layer icon on right side, then select OpenStreetMap GPS traces. Remember, consumer grade gps traces are often close, but not that close. The more traces, the easier it is to determine the actual center line.

Besides GPS traces there is also a TIGER layer, located just above the GPS traces item. It has road data from the US Census Bureau that may help.

Make sure that you enter the full name of the road, i.e. no abbreviations.

Since you haven't edited yet, I would suggest going through the tutorial. It is fast and give you a good start on editing maps.

Good luck,
Clifford

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Sachin Dole <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I just used Vespucci the android app to trace a street in my community
with the hope of mapping this street. I was also able to upload it to
OSM as a private track, but, I dont see how to edit it to actually map
my street on to OSM. How to do this?

PS: I can see my trace on OSM.

Sachin Dole

@osm_seattle