win64 bit jre

Andrea Antonello
Hi folks,
I have uploaded a win64 bit jre in
http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/        jre/jre1.6.0.win64.zip

A word of caution about the fact that it doesn't supply native
acceleration for jai, since there is no jai available for that
platform. It comes obvious that imageio-ext doesn't work either.
So the win64 udig version is bad on rasters.

The good part is that I have been finally able to use udig with 3 gigs
of RAM and do nice stuff with JGrass also on windows.

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: win64 bit jre

Jody Garnett-2
Andrea the uDig 1.2-RC3 has a win64 version; do you want to bundle your jre up with it? Or is there no point ...
Did your jre have to include the pure java JAI jars; or are those picked up (or installed?) by uDig when you first run?

Trying to see if I should do something with your jre so the download we have on the website will work.

Jody

On 18/05/2010, at 6:18 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I have uploaded a win64 bit jre in
> http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/        jre/jre1.6.0.win64.zip
>
> A word of caution about the fact that it doesn't supply native
> acceleration for jai, since there is no jai available for that
> platform. It comes obvious that imageio-ext doesn't work either.
> So the win64 udig version is bad on rasters.
>
> The good part is that I have been finally able to use udig with 3 gigs
> of RAM and do nice stuff with JGrass also on windows.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrea

Re: win64 bit jre

Andrea Antonello
Hi Jody,
I think the best would be to bundle the jre with the udig download so
that it would work.

We have to wait for Mauricio to tell about the update site problem he
is trying to fix.

And yes, I installed the jai into teh jre. In fact it would have been
ok also to leave them out?

Andrea